DES | Janus Flex
Unique polymer-free platform
- Revolutionary drug reservoir design allows the drug to be delivered precisely and homogeneously to the vessel wall
- Polymer free surface eliminates the shortcomings often associated with polymers during stent delivery1
- Absence of polymer coating allows to lower the crossing profile
Excellent thromboresistance with a 0% stent thrombosis rate
- 0% thrombosis rate (acute, subacute and late stent thrombosis) at 2 years follow-up in Jupiter II2 randomized clinical trial demonstrates an unprecedented safety profile
- CarbofilmTM coating: haemo-biocompatible proprietary coating, eliminates the risks of early and late thrombosis while promoting an early endothelialization of the stent 3
Proven clinical efficacy
- Competitive long-term clinical outcomes demostrated in Janus clinical program2, 4
- Tacrolimus endothelial-friendly drug a proven cytostatic drug which inhibits smooth muscle cell proliferation and cell migration while permitting enhanced re-endothelialization5
Best in class deliverability
- Reduced tip and crossing profiles* provide superior trackability and crossability for challenging lesions
1. “Drug eluting stent: are they really safe?”; Virmani et al., American Heart Hospital Journal 2004 Spring;2(2):85-8
1. “Late thrombosis in drug-eluting coronary stents after discontinuation of antiplatelet therapy”; McFadden et al, the Lancet 2004, 364:1519-21
2. Jupiter II randomized trial presented at EuroPCR 2007
3. Catheterization and Cardiovascular interventions, vol.55 NO.2 2002
4. e-Janus registry interim data
5. Matter et al. Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology. Dec. 2006
*Data on file at Cid S.p.A.
It's a Medical Device Manufactured by: CID S.p.A. Strada per Crescentino s.n. 13040 Saluggia, Italy.
Not for sale in U.S.A. and Japan.